The desi daru tree. The flowers are used to produce an alcoholic drink in tropical India.
Madhuca longifolia is an Indian tropical tree found largely in the central and north Indian plains and forests. It is commonly known as mahua. It is a fast-growing tree that grows to approximately 20 meters in height, possesses evergreen or semi-evergreen foliage. t is adaptable to arid environments, being a prominent tree in tropical mixed deciduous forests in India. It is cultivated in warm and humid regions for its oleaginous seeds (producing between 20 and 200 kg of seeds annually per tree, depending on maturity), flowers and wood. The flowering season is in March and April. Flowers have a good nectar content and one can see many birds and butterflies taking nectar. Fruiting season starts from May and fruits are eaten by many frugivorous birds.
How to Explore
Forests in and around Nashik.
Recommended Time & Duration
All round the year.
Rules to Follow
Dont cause the tree any damage or litter around it.
Travel & Stay Partner
- No match found for the search
- Nashik, Maharashtra, India (229 hotels)
- Mumbai Nasik Expressway, Igatpuri, India (20 hotels)
- Nasik Road, Saputara, India (2 hotels)
- Manas Resort with Petting Zoo, Igatpuri
- Aakar Lords Inn, Saputara
- Mystic Valley Resort, Igatpuri
- Manas Lifestyle Resort, Igatpuri
- Hotel Lake View, Saputara
- Rainforest Resort, Igatpuri
- Bodh Valley Resort, Igatpuri
- Hotel Ashwin, Igatpuri
- Shagun Resort & Water Park, Igatpuri
- 1 India Resorts, Igatpuri
- Hotel Comfort Inn, Igatpuri
- Igatpuri Tents, Igatpuri
- 2BHK Premium villa At Dew Drops Igatpuri (10 Persons) (3), Igatpuri