The Dabbling Duck
The northern pintail ducks are large birds and the males measure, 50 to 65 in length and weigh 850 to 1,000 grams. The females are smaller and weigh 730 to 650 grams. The northern pintail ducks feed on seeds, aquatic plants, tubers, roots, shoots and grains. The breeding birds feed on insects, crustaceans, mollusks and other aquatic invertebrates. They feed usually in the evening and night and rest during the day. The northern pintail species are strongly migratory, especially in their northern range. These birds may be sedentary in some places in the Southern Hemisphere. For wintering these species move southwards.
How To Explore
The northern pintail ducks inhabit wetlands, agricultural fields, flooded grasslands, lakesides.
Recommended Time & Duration
In the winters.
Travel & Stay Partner
- No match found for the search
- Nashik, Maharashtra, India (229 hotels)
- Mumbai Nasik Expressway, Igatpuri, India (20 hotels)
- Nasik Road, Saputara, India (2 hotels)
- Manas Resort with Petting Zoo, Igatpuri
- Aakar Lords Inn, Saputara
- Mystic Valley Resort, Igatpuri
- Manas Lifestyle Resort, Igatpuri
- Hotel Lake View, Saputara
- Rainforest Resort, Igatpuri
- Bodh Valley Resort, Igatpuri
- Hotel Ashwin, Igatpuri
- Shagun Resort & Water Park, Igatpuri
- 1 India Resorts, Igatpuri
- Hotel Comfort Inn, Igatpuri
- Igatpuri Tents, Igatpuri
- 2BHK Premium villa At Dew Drops Igatpuri (10 Persons) (3), Igatpuri